Leesville United Methodist
Wednesday, March 01, 2017
United Methodist Women
United Methodist Women is a community of women whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ, to develop a creative supportive fellowship and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
The Leesville unit of United Methodist Women (UMW) is:
* centered in relationship with God through Jesus Christ;
* focused on ministries with women, children and youth;
* involved in mission locally and globally;
* committed to inclusiveness; and
* pledged to provide financial support for mission through Mission Giving.
The Leesville UMW includes three Circles named for women who were devoted to mission and to Leesville UMC. Monthly meetings include devotions, program, fellowship and refreshments.
* Lois Harper/Annie Glaze Circle: A lively, dedicated group of seniors. Meets at 10 a.m. the first Wednesday each month in the conference room. After the meeting, members visit one or more homebound friends.
Circle leaders: Norma Barr and Nova Stephens.
* Vera Goldman Circle: A large and diverse group that meets at 7:30 p.m. the first Monday in the conference room.
Circle leader: Jan Giesen.
* Mamie Leaphart Circle: Also diverse, this group includes many mothers of young children and meets at 7:30 p.m. the first Monday in Room 103.
Circle leader: Ellen Rikard.
In addition to monthly meetings, the Leesville UMW sponsors several church- and community-wide fundraising, fellowship, and spiritual growth activities each year. All women are invited to participate. We would be delighted if you join us!
Karen Brown, president
Jo-Ann Kneece, vice president
Linda Eastman, secretary
Della Copper, treasurer
Jana Shealy, historian