Position Title: Office Administrator
Reports To: Pastor, Staff Parish Relations Committee
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 12 noon.; Monday – Thursday 1:30 – 4 p.m.
Adjustable if needed.
Salary Range: $26,000-$27,000
Basic Purpose: The office administrator provides administrative services to the pastor and
church committees. In addition, the office administrator provides continuity in the
ministry and business of the church and in contacts with individuals and organizations outside of the church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage correspondence for pastor and church committees
- Answer telephone and emails and handle inquiries
- Work with pastor and financial assistant to set up and maintain files
- Gather information and produce church bulletins and newsletters
- Maintain adequate office supplies – may require ordering and picking up items
- Arrange for repairs and service of office equipment
- Update and keep current information on church bulletin boards
- Maintain church calendar
- Schedule appointments for pastor.
- Distribute keys and keep up-to-date records of authorized church members who have been issued keys
- Route incoming mail to proper person, committee or church group
- Schedule use of fellowship hall, meeting rooms and the church bus
- Unlock building, turn heat or air conditioning on if meeting to be held immediately after working hours
- Secure information for members when requested
- Act as Safe Sanctuary administrator
- Act as pastor’s assistant when required/needed
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
- Maintain current membership file and mailing list
- Maintain church addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses to help in preparation, reproduction and assembly of church membership directory
- Notify pastor and UMW president of members who are hospitalized or deaths within the membership
- Notify funeral meal group when there is a death in the church family
- Keep record of memorials and acknowledge receipt to designated family member
- Handle emergencies until pastor can be contacted (included local needy)
- Obtain and record information required for all certificates including baptism, church membership, ordination, installations, etc.
- In consultation with the pastor and secretary of the Church Council keep the permanent church register current
- Prepare and duplicate minutes meeting notices, reports, etc. of standing committees (except when this can be done by committee members themselves)
- Responsible for preparation and duplication of Charge Conference and Year-End Reports
- Compile information and produce other special reports for District Conference in consultation with pastor and secretary of the Church Council
- Vacation: ten working days per year with approval of pastor and SPPRC
- Sick Leave: ten days in any calendar year
- Holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter Monday, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day). If a holiday falls on Saturday, it is taken on the proceeding Friday. If a holiday falls on Sunday, it is taken on the following Monday.
- Temporary help: in the event of an extended illness or leave by the office administrator, temporary help may be secured. Temporary help may also be used during brief periods of heavy workloads.
Description established in 1984, revised in 2001, 2020 and in November 2021.
If interested, please send your resume and letter of interest to Kaye Shaw at email@example.com.